To guarantee the success of the research and training programme, excellent scientific partners bring together complementary and unique expertise from academic and industry sectors. GROWTH unites the diverse skills and expertise needed to address One Health issues across disciplines such as nutrition science, immunology, paediatric gastroenterology and metabolomics. By exposing young scientists to both academic research- and corporate conditions equally in terms of time, they will acquire skills important in their future academic or business careers.
The coherence between the expertise of- and allocated tasks to- the partners meticulously follows the bench-to-bedside activities embedded in GROWTH from biomarker discovery to personalized nutritional interventions for the treatment of intestinal failure.
The GROWTH network links 4 non-academic partners, of which 3 internationally operating companies, and 5 esteemed academic partners, of which 4 university medical center centres from 6 European countries:
- Gut Research BV (Coordinator) (The Netherlands)
- University Hospital Bonn (Germany)
- Imperial College London (United Kingdom)
- Reckitt Benckiser (United Kingdom)
- Academic Medical Center (The Netherlands)
- Cherry Biotech (France)
- VU Medical Center (The Netherlands)
- TNO Research (The Netherlands)
- Radboud University Medical Center (The Netherlands)
The duration of the program is 48 months, consisting of 8 individual research projects of 36 months each. The GROWTH programme starts on 1 June 2019.